- 1-3/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions:Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato puree, broth, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add spinach; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 servings.
(Recipe from October 2008 Simple and Delicious magazine)